Before knowing and understanding about eRetire, here are first the facts that you can be able to do Via LiteBlue USPS Retirement:
- You can change your own SSP LiteBlue security password.
- You can learn and understand about your career improvement.
- You can be able to view the income revenue generated.
- You can keep being informed relating to the service performance.
- You can also learn about all of the provided products.
- You can watch those who get recognition.
- You can access PostalEASE
- And lastly, you can give feedback.
What is eRetire?
Now here is the step by step process of going to “eRetire” page on the LiteBlue site:
- Go to liteblue.usps.gov
- You will need your YSPS employee I.D number for you to log in.
- Enter your pin
- Go to the Employee Apps-Quick Link
- Click the “the Employee Apps” button that is located at the very bottom of ‘My HR’ pages.
- The, from the EmployeeApps options you have to select the ‘eRetire’
The profit estimates are available only on the liteblue eRetire website and only for USPS full-time employees that can all of the eligibility specifications. The USPS part-time employee and Postal Inspectors are required of doing it manually for profit estimates and they have to contact the HR Shared Services Center to be able to get a manual estimate annuity. After two weeks, it will be already mailed to the USPS employee’s mailing address.
For USPS employees within five years of retiring
USPS full-time employees within five years of qualification date for retirement can visit online immediately and see as well as print their annuity estimate which is based on the effective retiring dates of:
- Retirement eligibility date of USPS employee
- Retirement eligibility date plus six months
- Retirement eligibility date plus twelve months
For the USPS employees who are eligible currently for retirement or at least with six months of the postal retirement eligibility:
Immediately print or view your annuity estimation that is based on the retirement effect time of:
- The start of the following month
- The start of the following month plus six months
- The start of the following month plus one year.
Effectivity date: For Postal Employees, they have to be with half a year retirement eligibility and can also possibly enter the custom date. Which should be not over six months since the eRetire request was been made. The annuity estimate for your custom data can be accessed for printing or viewing within 24 hours upon the request.
Download, print or order the Retirement App Package: For the employees, they can the retirement app forms directly from the liteblue website through the eRetire web page or they can also order the USPS retirement app package that can be delivered within seven to ten days upon the first request date.
Arranging Counselling Session for the retirement: The USPS Employees could make a plan for retirement info-session through choosing the meeting date which should not be earlier than ninety days before their retirement eligibility date. The system also shows the available appointment dates to choose.
How to Access eRetire Service?
The employees have three options for them to access the USPS eRetire website
- LiteBlue website – employee apps- search for Quick Links carousel that is located in the center of the home page- select eRetire.
- Click the ‘My HR’ tab that is located at the top of LiteBlue’s navigation bar- search for the section of Employee Apps- from the options provided, you can get eRetire option.
- Click the tab of Employee Apps that is located in the lower part of single ‘My HR’ web page- from the Employee Apps with provided options, get eRetire feature.
Things to do before Postal Retirement or Separation
First, be sure on downloading your entire eOPF, earnings statement in ePayroll and everything that you want before your retirement. After your separation of retirement, your stuff on LiteBlue will be gone.
Other employees have problems on OPM after their retirement because somehow, they still needed it. on downloading your eOPF, click the “Access Personal Folder Now”, then choose “Print Entire eOPF”. It may take few minutes to generate the file. After finishing it, you can find it in a small box on the lower left corner of the screen. Then, you can save it to your personal computer and you can also print it.
If you are qualified for incentive payment, give your employing office the address where you wanted the incentive payment you’ll get to be sent.
Incentive agreement stipulates that those eligible employees will need to complete PS Form 3077, then request to forward salary check and submit the form to the employing office.
Without your PS Form 3077, the incentive payment will be mailed in the location that you last worked. You can also the PS Form 3077. Just make sure to always update your mailing address.
Through LiteBlue, the employees are allowed to navigate ways by the different retirement plans. By using this, the process is very applicable for the employees who are eligible for retirement immediately.
Full-time employees who meet the needed specification can be able to receive federal annuity estimates. Both part-time and postal inspectors still need to manual inputs and contact their human resources services center for them to receive their annuity estimates through mail. USPS employees who are currently eligible for retirement or at least with six months of retirement can proceed to the different steps. They can perform this in the LiteBlue website.
LiteBlue also offers opportunities that transition the employees to attend counseling sessions. These group sessions are available for an employee in exchanging information and it is also available for those employees who are entering the retirement within ninety days.